Cooking time: About 45 minutes
Prep time: About 15 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalk, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1/2 lb. cooked chicken/apple sausage, sliced
- 1 can (10-14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T. Caramel Fish Sauce
- 1 t. Cajun red pepper seasoning
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Saute onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic 20 minutes in olive oil.
- Add stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, sausage, and seasonings. Simmer 25 minutes, adding water if necessary.
- Blend cooked rice into mixture and serve.
Modification of recipe received from Margo Latiolais of Carencro, Louisiana, Feb. 11, 2000
Up a Level Return to Home Page