Cooking time: About 45 minutes
Prep time: About 15 minutes
Makes: 3 - 4 servings
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalk, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1/2 lb. cooked chicken/apple sausage, sliced
- 1 can (10-14 oz) stewed or diced tomatoes (plain or "Rotel")
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T. Caramel Fish Sauce
- 3/4 t. Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Saute onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic 20 minutes in olive oil. I use a wok.
- Add stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, sausage, and seasonings. Simmer 25 minutes, adding water if necessary.
- Blend cooked rice into mixture and serve.
If you plan to freeze some for leftovers, don't add rice to that portion. Rice doesn't seem to freeze well. When you thaw the frozen jambalaya, cook more rice for it then.
Modification of recipe received from Margo Latiolais of Carencro, Louisiana, Feb. 11, 2000
For Margo's more spicy version, use "Rotel" stewed tomatoes and andouille sausage.
Up a Level Return to Home Page