Cooking time: About 6 minutes
Prep time: About 5 minutes
Makes: 1 2/3 cups
- 2 t. mild olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6 rings of deli-sliced jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup low-salt soy sauce
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 t. brown sugar
- 1 T. minced fresh mint (5 big leaves)
- Heat olive oil in sauce pan. Add garlic and pepper, and saute 10 seconds.
- Add water, soy sauce, peanut butter, and sugar. Cook while stirring for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in minced mint leaves.
Good served hot as satay dipping sauce or in green beans with peanut sauce.
Adapted from a recipe in "Joy of Cooking", p. 83, 1997.
Up a Level Return to Home Page