Chicken with Ginger and Vietnamese Fish Sauce
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 8 oz. chicken thighs (skinless, boneless)
- 1 T. mild olive oil
- 1 t. minced garlic
- 1 1/2 t. minced fresh ginger
- 1 t. chopped green onion
- 2 T. caramel fish sauce
- 1/4 t. Cajun seasoning (like Tony Cachere's)
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 green onions, cut in 2-inch lengths
- Heat olive oil in a wok and fry chicken 2 minutes.
- Add ginger, garlic, and chopped green onions. Stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add fish sauce, Cajun seasoning, and water. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Add green onion strips, stir into sauce 1 minute.
- Serve over steamed rice.
Modified from a recipe in the April 19, 2006 San Francisco Chronicle, p. F7
Up a Level Return to Home Page