Black Rice & Black Lentil Wedges
Cooking time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 1/4 cup black rice ("Forbidden rice") [or basmati rice]
- 3/8 cup black lentils ("beluga lentils") [or regular lentils]
- 1 cup water
- 2 t. fish sauce or Caramel Fish Sauce
- 1/2 t. ground cumin
- 1 egg, beaten
- Carefully rinse lentils.
- Boil water in 1 qt. pot and simmer rice and lentils 40 minutes, covered.
- Cool mixture 5 minutes and stir in egg, cumin and fish sauce.
- Spread mixture in 8" ovenproof frying pan and cook at medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Put frying pan in preheated 350 deg. F oven and bake 25 minutes.
- Let cook 5 minutes. Remove and cut into wedges.
Serve as a side dish or eat wedges with a dipping sauce.
Modified from a recipe from the Internet.
Up a Level Return to Home Page