Pork Rib Cherry Cola BBQ
Prep time: About 10 minutes Baking time: About 2 1/2 hours
Simmering time: About 1 hour Grilling time: About 15 minutes Prep time: About 40 minutes
Makes: 4 - 6 servings
- 6 lb. pork ribs, trimmed (2 3-lb racks of ribs)
- 1 T. Cajun red pepper seasoning
- 3 c. flat cherry cola
- 1 c. cherry jam
- 3 T. Dijon mustard
- 3 T. soy sauce
- 1 T. apple cider vinegar
- 1 T. hot sauce (optional)
- Put on each of two cookie sheets a long strip of aluminum foil. Season ribs with Cajun seasoning.
Place a rack of ribs in the center of each sheet and tightly wrap.
- Bake in a 325 deg.F preheated oven 2 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Meanwhile put cola in a sauce pan and simmer 30 minutes until reduced by half.
- Then add jam, mustard, soy sauce and vinegar (and hot sauce if desired). Simmer 30 minutes.
- Use gas or charcoal to grill ribs (or use a broiler) until meat starts to carmelize.
Brush each side with sauce and grill until bubbly. Flip once.
From a recipe in "The Progressive Farmer", Aug. 2018
Up a Level Return to Home Page