Green Mango Salad
Prep time: About 15 minutes
Marinading time: 1 hour
Makes: 3 - 4 servings
- 1 green mango (firm, not ripe)
- 2 t. dried basil flakes
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, thinly sliced into strings (julienne)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced and chopped red onion
- 2 T. chopped tomatoes or red peppers (for color)
- 1 T. rice vinegar
- Peel the mango. Thinly slice fruit away from the pit. Cut into thin strings.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir and keep in the refrigerator one hour.
Modified from a recipe enjoyed while cruising on the Mekong River on the ship "Toum Teav" in February, 2013.
If you can't find green mangoes, try substituting a crisp green apple.
Up a Level Return to Home Page