Chiles Rellenos Casserole
Cooking time: 1 hour
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 2-3 servings
- 1 7 oz. can of Ortega whole green chiles
- 1 7 oz. can of mild Chili salsa
- 1 t. corn meal
- 4 oz. Cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 oz. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Drain whole chiles. Carefully open them and remove all seeds.
- Arrange them on bottom of 6 inch casserole dish. Sprinkle with corn meal.
- Add in layers the Cheddar cheese, salsa, and Parmesan cheese.
- Pour the beaten eggs over the contents of the casserole.
- Bake casserole uncovered 1 hour at 325 deg.F.
- Serve with rice.
Modified from recipe received 1/21/2000 from B.J. Spitze of Orinda, CA
Up a Level Return to Home Page