Yellow Split Pea Soup
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Cooking time: About 40 minutes
Makes: 4 - 5 servings
- 2 c. split yellow peas
- 6 c. water
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 c. chopped yellow onion
- 1 c. chopped carrots
- 1 c. chopped celery
- 2 t. Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning.
- Carefully discard any grit from peas. Rinse with water several times until liquid is clear.
- Boil 6 cups water and add beans. Simmer 30 minutes. Set aside, covered. Save liquid.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a wok. Stir-fry vegetables 10 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the cooked peas and liquid.
- Add vegetables and seasoning. Heat 10 minutes.
Serve each portion topped with a dollop of sour cream or yogurt.
Up a Level Return to Home Page