Cooking time: About 25 minutes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 3 - 4 servings
- 4   10 inch flour tortillas
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1   clove garlic, minced
- 1 t. chili powder
- 1 t. cumin
- 12 oz. lean ground beef
- 4 oz. grated cheese (Swiss, cheddar or Manchego)
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup taco sauce or enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- Heat oil in frying pan. Saute onions 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, cumin and chili powder. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add beef and saute 5 minutes, breaking up big chunks of meat.
- Stir in taco sauce and heat 5 minutes.
- Place one tortilla on baking pan. Top with 1/3 of beef mixture and cheese.
- Top with second tortilla and then add 1/3 of beef mixture and cheese.
- Top with third tortilla and remainder of beef mixture and cheese.
- Spread olives on the meat and top with final tortilla.
- Bake 10 minutes in 450 deg. F. oven. Let cool 5 minutes.
Based on recipes from the Internet.
Leftovers are good eaten cold like a sandwich.
Up a Level Return to Home Page