Roasted Vegetable Soup
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Makes: 5 - 6 servings
- 2 lb. butternut squash
- 1 lb. carrots (4 large)
- 1 1/2 lb. parsnips (3 - 4 large)
- 3/4 lb. yellow onion 1 large)
- 6 cups bouillon
- Peel squash, parsnips, carrots and onion.
- Cut all into 1 inch-thick slices.
- Coat a large baking pan with cooking spray and add vegetable slices.
- Bake 45 minutes, uncovered, in 375. deg.F oven.
- Put vegetables in soup pot and add bouillon. Mash with a potato masher.
- If you want a smoother texture, puree vegetables in batches in a blender.
- Heat vegetables and bouillon 15 minutes in large soup pot.
Based on a recipe my wife found in a Weight Watcher's cookbook.
Up a Level Return to Home Page