Pumpkin Rum Galette
Cooking time: About 75 minutes
Prep time: About 15 minutes
Makes: 6 -8 servings
- 30 oz. can of easy pumpkin pie mix
- 2 eggs
- 5 oz. evaporated milk
- 1 T. rum, bourbon or whiskey
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 T. sugar
- 3/4 t. salt
- 1/4 lb. cold butter (1 cube)
- Mix pie mix, eggs, milk and liquor, and set aside.
- Blend flour, sugar and salt in large bowl.
- With a knife or ulu, cut cold butter into flour mixture.
- Continue cutting butter until pieces are 1/8 inch or smaller.
- Slowly blend 1/3 cup very cold water into flour mixture.
- Form into a ball. Cover and refrigerate 1 - 2 hours.
- Roll out dough into a 1/8-inch thick oval.
- Lightly flour a non-stick baking sheet. Mine is 9 x 12 inches.
- Put dough on baking sheet, form a 3/4 inch high lip around the edge of the dough.
- Pour pumpkin mixture onto dough and level it up to the lip.
- Put it on lower level of a 375 deg. F oven and bake 75 minutes.
- When done, a toothpick pushed into center of galette should come out almost clean.
- Let cool 2 hours and cut into strips and wedges.
Based on recipe from Oct. 2012 Sunset magazine.
Up a Level Return to Home Page