Cooking time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Makes: 6 three ounce servings
- 1.5 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (2)
- 5 cups water
- 1/4 t. salt
- Place chicken in bottom of a 1 gallon soup pot and cover with salted water (5 cups)
- Heat to simmer. Then set heat to low, below a boil.
- Cover, and wait 15 minutes.
- Check temperature in center of a breast. If it's 165 deg. F, shut off heat and let rest, covered for 10 minutes.
- Remove breasts and shred using two forks.
- Use chicken in tacos, enchiladas, salad, omelettes, etc.
- Freeze excess.
- Save the 5 cups of broth for soups or cooking rice.
This recipe given to me by my daughter, Kirsten.
It's from themodernproper.com
Up a Level Return to Home Page