Pasta alla Norma
Cooking time: About 35 minutes
Prep time: About 15 minutes
Makes: 3 - 4 servings
- 1 large eggplant, quartered longitudinally and then cut axially in 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 T. mild olive oil
- 1/2 t. dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 t. Creole red pepper seasoning
- 2 oz. fresh basil
- 4 oz. pasta
- 14 oz. canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 t. vinegar
- 2 oz. grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in large skillet.
- Fry eggplant pieces 15 minutes with stirring. Then add oregano.
- Add garlic, chopped basil stems and red pepper seasoning and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes (with liquid) and vinegar. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile boil pasta 10 minutes. (spaghetti, elbow macaroni, etc.) Drain..
- Stir drained pasta into sauce along with 1/2 of basil leaves, torn in pieces.
- Mix in Parmesan cheese and serve from the skillet. Top with remaining basil leaves.
Up a Level Return to Home Page