Cooking time: 35 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 8 oz. dry pasta (farfalle, macaroni, etc.)
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz. sausage (cooked or raw), cut into chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 oz. can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 oz. chopped kale (or frozen spinach)
- 4 cups broth or chicken stock
- 2 oz. grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta as per package directions until al dente.
- Drain and toss with olive oil
- Cook sausage in a pan 5 minutes (if uncooked) or until warmed through.
- Add garlic and broth. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in the kale (or spinach) and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add parmesan cheese and simmer 5 minutes with stirring.
- Add pasta and drained beans and heat 5 minutes.
- Divide into 4 bowls and top with extra parmesan.
Based on a recipe from the 1/23/22 San Francisco Chronicle.
Up a Level Return to Home Page