Mardi Gras Salad
Cooking time: none
Prep time: About 20 minutes
Servings: 8 - 10
- 22 oz. purple cabbage (purple) (1/2 head)
- 8 oz. apples (green) (Pippin or Fuji)
- 2 oz. carrots (orange/gold)
- 4 oz. onions (white)
- 2 T. juice from one lemon
- 4 oz. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 oz. apple cider vinegar
- Cut cabbage into 4 - 6 wedges, cutting along the core. Thinly shred.
- Chop apples into 3/4 inch pieces. Moisten with lemon juice to retard browning.
- Thinly slice carrots.
- Chop white onions.
- Place cabbage in salad bowl and mix in onions (like confetti).
- Pile carrots in center and arrange apples around the edge.
- Toss with olive oil and vinegar when ready to serve.
Substitute your favorite salad dressing, such as "Phoebe's viniagrette".
Up a Level Return to Home Page