Crock-Pot Pot Roast
Prep time: About 20 minutes
Cooking time: About 8 - 10 hour
Makes: 4 - 6 servings
- 2 lb. boneless beef chuck cross-rib roast
- 2 T. olive oil
- 4 T. flour, divided
- 1/4 t. ground pepper
- 8 oz. chopped yellow onion (1 medium onion)
- 8 oz. carrots, cut into 1-inch lengths (2 large carrots)
- 1 lb. potatoes, cut in 1-inch pieces (3 medium potatoes)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 t. dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cups water
- Mix 2 T. flour and pepper. Coat all sides of the roast, trimmed of extra fat.
- Heat 2 T. olive oil in heavy skillet and brown roast on all sides, for about 10 minutes
- Mix 2 T. flour in 1 cup of COLD water. Shake in a lidded jar until well-mixed.
- Put all ingredients in a 2-quart Crock-Pot or slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low setting 8 - 10 hours.
- Remove roast, let rest 5 minutes, and cut into serving sizes.
- Serve on warmed plates with vegetables and lots of sauce. Good with bread or toast.
It's also good served in bowls with bread on the bottom to soak up sauce.
This recipe makes extra meat, which can be frozen and used for beef tacos.
Up a Level Return to Home Page