Chocolate Toffee Bars
Cooking time: About 15 minutes
Cooling time: About 45 minutes Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: about 40 - 50 bars
- 4 oz. Wheat crackers, Stoned Wheat Thins, low sodium
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400 deg. F
- Line a rimmed baking pan (10 x 15 inches) with a single layer of crackers.
- Heat the butter and sugar in a sauce pan, mix and boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour the butter/sugar mixture uniformly over the crackers.
- Bake in the 400 deg. oven for 6 - 7 minutes. The mixture will be bubbling by then.
- Remove from oven and while still hot spread the chocolate chips over crackers.
- Let the mixture cool for 5 minutes to soften the chips.
- Use a spatula or knife to spread out the chips over the surface.
- Sprinkle with the chopped nuts.
- Let these chocolate toffee bars cool for 30 minutes.
- Put the bars in a refrigerator for 15 minutes and break them into 1 - 2 inch pieces.
This recipe received ratings at a local neighborhood party ranging from "delicious" to "evil".
Up a Level Return to Home Page