Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Cooking time: About 30 minutes
Makes: 12 cupcakes
- 1 1/2 c. all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 4 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 c. cool water
- 6 T. mild olive oil
- 1 t. fresh-squeezed lemon juice (or white vinegar)
- 1/2 t. vanilla extract
- 1/2 t. fresh-ground sea salt
- 36 chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. F.
- Put paper cups into 12-muffin tin.
- Put into a mixing bowl the flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking soda and mix until uniform.
- Add in the water, olive oil, lemon juice and vanilla. Blend to remove all lumps.
- Pour half of batter into bottoms of each cupcake baking cup. (Roughly 2 T. per cup)
- Grind salt on top of batter in each cup and top with remaining batter.
- Push three chocolate chips, point down, into tops of each cupcake.
- Bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
Based on a recipe from the Internet. Double the recipe to make a 9x13x2 inch cake.
Up a Level Return to Home Page