Chicken Paprika Stew
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 3 T. flour
- 2 T. paprika
- 1/2 t. salt or Tony Chechere's seasoning
- 1 pinch ground pepper (1/8 t.)1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 T. olive oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion (about 4 oz.)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T. ketchup
- 1 cup bouillon or stock
- 5 oz. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 T. paprika
- 1 t. corn starch
- Blend 2 T. paprika, flour, salt and pepper to make a coating mixture.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces and toss in coating mixture.
- Heat 2 T. olive oil in large skillet, add coated chicken and brown 5 minutes.
- Turn over chicken pieces and cook 5 more minutes. Remove chicken.
- Add 1 T. oil and saute onions and garlic 5 minutes.
- Mix boullion, corn starch and ketchup. Pour over chicken mixture, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Mix yogurt and 1 T. paprika. Mix into chicken mixture.
- Stir. Cover and simmer 5 minutes. Add more water if too thick.
- Serve over cooked rice or cooked pasta.
Up a Level Return to Home Page