Carrot Pudding (Indian Gajar Halwa)
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Cooking time: About 1 hour
Makes: 6 servings
- 1 lb. carrots, grated
- 1/2 c. extra light olive oil (or ghee)
- 3 cups milk
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 t. cardamom powder
- Heat oil in a wok or heavy skillet and saute carrots 5 minutes.
- Add milk and heat to boiling.
- Turn heat to medium low and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring often.
- When all the liquid is gone, add the sugar and cardamom and stir another 10 minutes.
Good served warm with vanilla ice cream and topped with chopped almonds and chocolate chips.
Up a Level Return to Home Page