Cooking time: About 25 minutes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 8 servings
- 1 cup blue corn meal (I use Maseca Azul)
- 1 cup regular flour
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 c. light olive oil
- 1/4 c. agave nectar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Blend the first four ingredients.
- Separately blend the remaining ingredients.
- Blend everything to get a pourable batter. If too stiff, add some water.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 9 inch pan and bake 25 minutes in 400 deg. F oven.
- The cornbread is done when a toothpick stuck into the middle comes out clean.
You can also make a topping by combining 2 T. powdered sugar and 2 T. agave syrup.
When blended, drizzle the topping over the corn bread. Makes a nice dessert.
Up a Level Return to Home Page