Prep time: About 10 minutes
Cooking time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 1 lb. zucchini
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 fresh basil leaves (or mint leaves)
- 3 T. pine nuts
- 1 T. mild olive oil
- 2 c. dry fusilli
- 1/3 c. shredded parmesan cheese
- Boil fusilli as per instructions on package (5 - 10 minutes).
- Cut zucchini into 3 - 4 " lengths. Then cut lengthwise into matchstick strips.
- Heat a skillet. Toast pine nuts about 3 minutes, with stirring. Remove.
- Heat oil in the skillet. Add zucchini strips and saute 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Cut basil or mint leaves into thin strips. Combine pasta, cheese and all ingredients and mix before serving.
Based on a recipe from Sept. 2007 Sunset magazine.
Up a Level Return to Home Page