(Turkish Kabak Mücveri)
Prep time: About 45 minutes
Cooking time: About 20 minutes
Makes: 4 - 6 servings
- 4 cups grated zucchini (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions (white part only)
- 2 T. finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 T. finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 3 eggs
- 1 T. paprika
- 8 oz. crumbled feta cheese (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 T. salt
- Put grated zucchini in a colander. Mix in salt and let drain 15 minutes.
- Rinse out salt under running water. Squeeze out excess water.
- Put the zucchini in a large mixing bowl. Add the onions, dill, parsley, eggs and paprika. Mix well.
- Gently stir in the feta cheese and flour a little at a time, mixing well.
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium heat and spray with cooking oil.
- Put a heaping tablespoon of the zucchini in the skillet. Repeat until the skillet is fairly full.
- Fry about 3 minutes. Turn fritters and fry another 2 - 3 minutes.
- Remove fritters and drain them on paper towels. Cook another batch.
Can be served hot immediately. Or, you can serve them at room temperature with Yogurt-garlic sauce.
Adapted from recipe in "The Sultan's Kitchen" by Özcan Ozan, 1998.
Up a Level Return to Home Page