Warm Spinach Salad
Cooking time: About 25 minutes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 1 large egg
- 2 strips bacon
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn, frozen
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 romano tomato, diced
- 1/2 lb fresh spinach, carefully washed
- Boil egg 25 minutes. Let cool, and slice.
- Fry bacon until slightly crispy. Drain and cut crosswise into thin strips.
- Pour off most of the bacon fat. Add olive oil and saute onions 5 minutes. Add corn and bacon strips and saute 4 minutes.
- Divide spinach on two large plates. Top with carrots, tomato, and sauteed onion/corn/bacon.
- Top with salad dressing of choice if desired.
Serve with early colonial sour-dough bread or with French Boule Bread.
Up a Level Return to Home Page