Walnut Pesto Sauce
Cooking time: About 12 minutes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 2 T. walnuts, minced
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 t. minced fresh sage leaves
- 1/4 t. garlic salt
- 1/8 t. fresh ground pepper
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup hot water (e.g. from cooking the pasta)
- 4 oz. angel hair pasta, uncooked
- Spread walnuts and bread crumbs on cookie sheet and bake 12 min. in 300.deg oven. Don't let them burn.
- Cook pasta according to directions (e.g. boil 4 - 5 minutes, drain.) Save 1/4 cup of water).
- Mash together toasted walnuts and bread crumbs with the minced garlic, sage, garlic salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Blend in enough hot water to get a paste (like thick cream).
- Stir the pesto paste into the cooked pasta and serve.
Adapted from a recipe in 3/9/06 San Francisco Chronicle.
Up a Level Return to Home Page