Turkey Divan Casserole
Cooking time: About 45 minutes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 3 servings
- 1 T. mild olive oil
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 8 oz. cooked turkey meat (or chicken)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 T. flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 T. grated Swiss cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 T. grated Parmesan/Romano cheese
- 2 cups yolkless egg noodles, dry
- Heat oil in a heavy pan and saute mushrooms 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli, meat, and 1/2 cup water. Cover and steam 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to directions.
- Add flour and cold water to lidded jar. Shake vigorously to mix.
- Heat flour/water mixture in small pan 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- To the flour, add grated Swiss cheese and simmer 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- To the flour/cheese mixture, add milk and nutmeg and simmer 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Spray inside of 1 3/4 quart casserole with cooking oil.
- Mix cooked noodles, meat/broccoli, and cheese sauce in casserole.
- Top casserole with parmesan cheese. Bake 25 minutes in 400 deg.F oven.
Up a Level Return to Home Page