Tomato Sauce with Tuna and Capers
Cooking time: About 20 minutes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 2 T. mild olive oil
- 1/4 t. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 6 oz. can of tuna, drained
- 15 oz. can of peeled tomatoes
- 1 T. capers, drained
- Saute pepper flakes 2 minutes in oil at medium heat. Add onions and saute another 6-8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add tuna and tomatoes. Salt and pepper to taste and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in capers, heat 1 minute, and serve sauce over angel hair pasta.
Up a Level Return to Home Page