Easy Tortilla Soup
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Makes: 5-6 servings
- 1 16 oz. can of black beans
- 2 14 oz cans chicken broth
- 1 14 oz. can diced stewed tomatoes
- 1 12 oz. can chicken
- 3 T. dried minced onion flakes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup water
- 8 oz. tortilla chips
- Drain and wash black beans.
- Heat beans in chicken broth and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, onions, and chicken to mixture. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add corn (and water if soup is too thick). Simmer 5 minutes.
- Put handful of chips in each bowl and pour soup over them.
This soup is also good without the tortilla chips. In that case, serve it with bread.
Recipe adapted from "Quick Tortilla Soup", from 4/23/2003 San Francisco Chronicle.
Up a Level Return to Home Page