Thai Chicken Soup with Coconut Milk (Tom Kah Gai)
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Cooking time: About 20 minutes
Makes: 8-10 servings
- 1 48-oz can of chicken broth
- 1 12-inch stalk of lemon grass, crushed
- 1 12-oz can of white chicken (with juice)
- 2 15-oz cans of straw mushrooms (with juice)
- 1 15-oz can of coconut milk
- 1 T. galunga powder
- 2 T. instant sour shrimp paste
- 6 T. Thai fish sauce (Nuoc Mam)
- 8 T. lime juice (3 limes)
- 1/2 c. chopped cilantro leaves
- Bring broth and lemon grass to boil. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients except for cilantro. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add cilantro and simmer one minute. When serving, you can add more cilantro as garnish.
Up a Level Return to Home Page