Prep time: About 20 minutes
Cooking time: About 4 hours
Makes: 6 - 8 servings
- 2 lb. beef chuck pot roast, trimmed of fat
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup catsup
- 1 1/2 T. Worchestershire sauce
- 3 T. cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 t. chili powder
- 1/4 t. ground pepper
- 2 T. Dijon mustard
- Cut pot roast into 2-inch cubes. Brown on all sides in a skillet, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer meat to a crock pot.
- Brown onion and garlic in skillet 5 minutes.
- Add water to skillet to recover pan drippings. Add to crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients to crock pot. Stir.
- Set crock pot temperature to high. Cover and simmer 3 - 3 1/2 hours until meat separates easily.
Good served as filling for tacos, served on buns as "Sloppy Joes", or over rice.
Modified from a recipe by Marilyn Stangeland.
Up a Level Return to Home Page