Soaking time: 2 hours
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Makes: 5 - 6 servings
- 1 cup bulgar wheat
- 4 cups water
- 4 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 head of romaine lettuce.
- Separate the romaine leaves, wash and let them drain dry.
- Then soak the bulgar in water for 2 hours. Drain and squeeze out excess water.
- Add tomatoes, onions, mint, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Whisk together a dressing with the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Add the dressing to the tabbouleh and mix.
- Serve the tabbouleh on lettuce leaves.
You can make the tabbouleh the night before serving it.
Keep it covered in the refrigerator. This helps the flavors blend.
From a recipe donated by Dorothy Clemens, Berkeley CA, November, 2006.
Up a Level Return to Home Page