Sweet and Sour Pork
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 1/2 lb pork loin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 4 green onions, cut in 2-inch lengths.
- 1 t. ginger
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 8 oz. can of pineapple chunks
- 1 T. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 T. oyster sauce or hoisin sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a wok. Stir-fry pork cubes 5 minutes until browned.
- Add garlic and bell pepper and cook 3 minutes.
- Add green onions, ginger and tomato. Cook 3 minutes.
- Add pineapple, with liquid, soy sauce and oyster sauce. Cook 3 minutes.
- Add water as needed to keep stir-fry from getting dry.
- Serve over steamed rice.
Adapted from a recipe that appeared in Sunset Magazine, April, 2010, p. 78
Up a Level Return to Home Page