Prep time: About 15 minutes
Cooking time: About 2 1/2 hour
Makes: 2-3 servings
- 12 oz. slice of beef roast, about 1 inch thick.
- 1 T. mild olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 t. parsley flakes
- 1/2 t. basil
- 1/2 t. oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 14 oz. can of stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat olive oil in a heavy kettle or Dutch oven. Brown beef on both sides.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover, and simmer 2 hours, until the beef is very tender.
- Break beef into serving-sized pieces. Serve over cooked pasta (macaroni, ravioli, etc.)
Modified from recipe received from Craig Cozzitorti. His grandmother, Vava Azevedo, found it in the January 1970 issue of Family Circle Magazine.
Up a Level Return to Home Page