Gazpacho Soup With Shrimp
Cooking time: 2 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 1 1/2 cucumbers, chopped (with skins and seeds)
- 1 lime, peeled
- 1 avocado, peeled
- 8 oz. non-fat plain yogurt
- 4 oz. non-fat or low-fat milk
- 2 T. balsamic vinegar
- 1 t. chicken soup base (Minor's) or 1 cube bouillon
- 1 t. honey
- 6 oz. cooked shrimp
- 1 T. mild olive oil
- 4 mint leaves, thinly sliced
- Put all ingredients (except shrimp, mint leaves, and oil) in a blender. Blend until creamy. Refrigerate.
- Heat oil in a wok and stir-fry shrimp 2 minutes.
- Pour cold soup into two bowls, top with hot shrimp and sliced mint leaves.
This soup can be prepared in advance and taken to a picnic, topped with cooked but cold shrimp. My recipe was adapted from one in the June 22, 2005 San Francisco Chronicle.
Up a Level Return to Home Page