Baking time: About 50 minutes
Prep time: About 25 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 6 oz. canned salmon (boneless and skinless)
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 T. mild olive oil
- 2 T. flour
- 1 c. milk
- Carefully separate yolks and whites. Any yolk or water in the whites can ruin the foam.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Beat egg yolks.
- Heat olive oil in sauce pan and stir in flour. Cook, stirring constantly, until flour starts to brown.
- Add milk and cook until thickened into a sauce, stirring constantly.
- Stir beaten egg yolks into sauce. Gently fold in salmon chunks and canning liquid.
- Gently fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Pour mixture into 1 quart baking dish, lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Set dish into 9" X 13" baking pan filled with 1/2" of hot water.
- Bake uncovered in 350 deg. oven 50 minutes.
Basic souffle recipe can be modified to use vegetables (asparagus, spinach), breakfast (sliced ham or sausage), etc.
Modified from my wife, Susan's, recipe she got from her mother, Elizabeth Robison Jennings.
Up a Level Return to Home Page