Cooking time: About 15 minutes
Prep time: About 1 hour
Makes: 2 servings
- 7 oz. can of salmon
- 1 red potato, cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 1/2 t. dried thyme
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cucumber, sliced
- 8 oz. salad greens (packaged, pre-washed)
- 3 T. mild olive oil
- 1 T. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 t. mustard powder
- Put oil, vinegar and mustard into a small jar with a lid. Tighten lid and shake vigorously to make salad dressing.
- Boil potatoes 12 minutes or until barely done.
- Cool potatoes and toss with thyme.
- In a salad bowl, toss all ingredients except salmon.
- Divide onto two plates, and top each with 1/2 can of salmon.
The potato can be made in advance and kept in the refrigerator a day or two.
This salad works well for a picnic (as long as you bring a can opener).
Up a Level Return to Home Page