Cooking time: About 15 minutes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 4 t. mild olive oil
- 2 mushrooms, minced (about 1 cup)
- 1 T. minced yellow onion
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 t. crushed dried thyme
- 1 t. sherry
- 6 oz. can of salmon
- 2 t. mayonnaise
- 1 t. lemon zest
- 1 t. lemon juice
- 2 t. dried parsley
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 well-beaten egg or 1/4 cup egg substitute
- Heat frying pan until water drops sizzle. Add 1 tablespoon of mild olive oil.
- Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic. Stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add sherry and thyme. Stir-fry 8 minutes or until mushrooms are browned.
- Spread mushroom mixture in flat pan and cool to room temperature.
- Put salmon in a mixing bowl and break up but leave medium chunks.
- Blend in mushroom mixture and the rest of the ingredients.
- Form into two patties.
- Heat remaining 1 t. oil in frying pan and gently fry patties 3 minutes per side.
Serve with steamed rice, lemon wedges and green vegetable.
Modified from a recipe in Aug. 15, 2008 San Francisco Chronicle, p. F6
Up a Level Return to Home Page