Salmon Almondine à l'Orange
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 8 oz. salmon fillet, boned
- 1 T. mild olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 t. orange zest
- 1/2 t. crumbled dry thyme (or 1 t. fresh thyme)
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- Spread almonds on cookie sheet and bake 12 minutes in 350.def oven. Remove and cool (they burn quickly).
- Heat 1 T. olive oil in heavy skillet. Brown salmon with skin-side up about 4-6 minutes, depending on thickness.
- Turn salmon gently and brown skin-side several minutes until center is just done. Remove to two warm plates.
- Add wine, orange juice, and zest to the skillet. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the thyme, stir, and pour over salmon. Top with almonds.
Adapted from a recipe in the Jan. 2005 issue of Sunset Magazine, p. 78. Good served with rice, or couscous.
Up a Level Return to Home Page