Romesco Sauce / Dip
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Cooking time: None
Makes: 3 cups
- 1/3 cup toasted almonds
- 1/4 t. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 t. ground black pepper
- 1 cup roasted red bell peppers (I use Mezzetta's from a jar)
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup mild olive oil
- Puree the first six ingredients in a blender.
- Add vinegar and mix well.
- Set the blender at low speed and slowly add oil.
- Let stand at least one hour before serving. Can also be refrigerated or frozen.
Makes a great dip for chips and a delicious sauce for roast pork.
Also works well spread on toasted bagels with cream cheese or with scrambled eggs or omelets.
Adapted from a recipe by Narsai David, (received 4/8/2003 from his neighbor, Mary Spivey).
Up a Level Return to Home Page