Cooking time: About 15 minutes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
- 2 cups flour
- 5 T. light olive oil (or margarine, butter)
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 lemon rind, grated
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/3 cup currants, raisins, or chopped fruit (sour cherries, apricots)
- 1/2 cup milk (enough to make a moist dough)
- Blend first 6 ingredients as if making pie dough. Stir in fruit and milk.
- Drop onto greased baking sheet (I use PAM spray) in 1/3 cup portions. Flatten slightly.
- Sprinkle with sugar and bake in 350 deg. oven until just beginning to turn golden - about 15 minutes.
Modification of recipe received from June Krantz, Cleveland, OH, 11/25/2002.
Up a Level Return to Home Page