Ratatouille Stir-Fry with Apples
Cooking time: About 25 minutes.
Prep time: About 15 minutes.
Makes: 4 servings
- 3 T. mild olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 zucchini
- 2 crisp apples, cored
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 t. fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- Cut the onion, zucchini, eggplant, apples and tomatoes into 1" pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a wok and stir-fry onions, and garlic 5 minutes.
- Add eggplant, zucchini and apples, and stir-fry 10 more minutes.
- Add tomatoes, parsley, thyme and bay leaf, and stir-fry 10 more minutes.
- Serve, sprinkling the top with grated parmesan cheese.
Good served with French baguettes.
Based on a delicious ratatouille we enjoyed in Riga, Latvia in July, 2009. That dish also included some broiled chicken breast in addition to the apples.
Up a Level Return to Home Page