Cooking time: About 1 hour
Prep time: About 15 minutes.
Makes: 4 servings
- 2 T. mild olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 zucchini
- 1 green pepper
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 t. fresh lemon thyme
- 1 t. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- Cut the onion, zucchini, pepper, eggplant, and tomatoes into 1" pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a wok and saute onions, and garlic 5 minutes.
- Add green peppers and eggplant and saute 10 more minutes.
- Crumble ground beef into frying pan and brown. Discard fat.
- Put sauteed vegetables, beef, tomatoes, and spices in heavy baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes in 350 deg.F oven.
- Stir ratatouille and return to oven to bake for another 20 minutes.
- Serve, sprinkling the top with grated parmesan cheese.
Up a Level Return to Home Page