Quinoa Chicken Stir-fry
Cooking time: About 30 minutes
Prep time: About 20 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 6 oz. boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or breasts)
- 1/2 cup quinoa, thoroughly rinsed.
- 2 T. mild olive oil
- 1/3 cup carrots, thinly sliced.
- 1/2 red bell pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 T. chopped "tamed" jalapeño peppers
- 1/2 t. powdered ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, rinsed.
- 2 t. soy sauce
- Cook chicken (fry, broil, grill) until no red liquid comes out when you prick it.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized chunks and set aside.
- Boil 1 cup of water, add quinoa, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Uncover quinoa, fluff with a fork, and set aside.
- Heat 1 T. oil in a wok or heavy skillet. Stir-fry carrots 1 minute.
- Add bell pepper, garlic, ginger and jalapeño peppers. Stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add snow peas and stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Remove vegetables to a bowl and clean wok.
- Reheat wok and add 1 T oil. Add cooked quinoa and beaten egg. Stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Add vegetables, chicken, green onions, cilantro and soy sauce. Stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from a recipe our daughter, Kirsten, found on Epicurious.com
Up a Level Return to Home Page