Prep time: About 20 minutes
Cooking time: About 1 hour
Makes: 10 - 12 servings
- 1 pumpkin, 8-9" in diameter, cleaned, peeled, and cubed
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- 1 T. mild olive oil
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 t. dried thyme
- 1/4 t. dried sage
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
Serve with hot roasted pumpkin seeds.
- Start broth, celery, and pumpkin simmering.
- Saute onion in olive oil several minutes, until starting to brown. Add to broth.
- Simmer 45 minutes until pumpkin chunks are soft. Mash with potato masher.
- Add thyme and sage. Stir and simmer 3 minutes.
- Serve into bowls. Top each with scoop of yogurt and two slices of tomato.
Roasted Pumpkin SeedsScrape seeds from pumpkin. Wash and remove any pulpy material.
Spread seeds one-layer thick on cookie sheet.
Sprinkle with salt and bake at 350 deg. F for 40 minutes or until seeds turn light brown.
Up a Level Return to Home Page