Potato Salad with Roasted Corn
Cooking time: About 10 minutes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 8-10 servings
- 3 lb. small new potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn kernels, (or 3 fresh ears).
- 1 T. mild olive oil
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup buttermilk, or more as needed
- 1 T. mayonnaise
- 1 T. white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Recipe served by Janet Reed, October 21, 2000. Soquel, California
- Cover cubed potatoes with cold salted water in a pot, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about eight minutes.
- Heat the oil in a wok until hot but not smoking. If using fresh corn, cut kernels from cobs. Add the corn and cook until lightly toasted, about three minutes. Stir frequently. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the buttermilk, mayonnaise and vinegar.
When the potatoes are done, drain thoroughly and place in a large mixing bowl. Toss with the corn and scallions. Add the buttermilk dressing and toss lightly. Salt and pepper to taste.
Up a Level Return to Home Page