Pita Egg Pizza
Cooking time: About 15 minutes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 4 pita, about 7 inch in diameter
- 3/4 cup flame roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 t. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup chopped arugula leaves
- 1 large red onion
- 4 large raw eggs
- Preheat oven to 450 deg. F.
- Cut 4 rings from center of red onion, about 3/4 " high
- Arrange pita on cookie sheet. Put an onion ring in the center of each pita.
- Put red peppers and olives on pita around each onion ring.
- Sprinkle chopped rosemary and parmesan cheese around each ring.
- Bake 5 minutes in 450 deg. F. oven.
- Remove from oven. Carefully crack an egg into each onion ring.
- Return to oven and bake another 8 minutes until egg starts to set.
- Remove from onion and top with arugula. Pepper to taste and serve.
Adapted from a recipe in Apr. 7, 2013 (Parade Magazine) in San Francisco Chronicle.
Up a Level Return to Home Page