Togo Peanut Chicken
Cooking time: About 15 minutes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 8oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 14 oz. can of stewed tomatoes
- 2 t. mild olive oil
- 1/4 c. chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 T. peanut butter
Adapted from recipe donated 1/5/2001 by Kirsten Stangeland, Oakland, California.
- Boil 1/2" of water in pan. Add chicken, cover, and steam 10 minutes.
- Drain chicken and shred it with 2 forks on a cutting board.
- Meanwhile heat oil in frying pan. Saute onions and garlic about 6 minutes, until translucent.
- Stir in shredded chicken, tomatoes, and peanut butter. Heat 5 minutes.
- Serve over white rice.
She received it from a co-worker who was born in Togo.
Up a Level Return to Home Page