Cooking time: About 20 minutes
Prep time: About 15 minutes
Makes: 3 - 4 servings
- 2 T. mild olive oil
- 4 oz. angel hair pasta
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 t. turmeric
- 14 oz. canned chopped tomatoes
- 4 oz. frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 4 oz. cooked sausage (e.g. apple-chicken)
- 4 oz. halibut, skinned and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- 4 oz. frozen cooked shrimp, thawed
- 1 c. frozen peas, thawed
- 2 c. water
- Heat olive oil in 12-inch skillet.
- Break pasta into 4-inch lengths. Stir-fry in oil 5 minutes until golden.
- Add onion, garlic, and turmeric. Stir-fry 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and juice, and 1 cup water. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Level the mixture in the skillet. Evenly distribute artichoke hearts and sliced sausage on top of the mixture. Cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Evenly distribute shrimp, peas, and halibut over the top. Add 1 cup water if the mixture is dry.
- Cover and steam 5 minutes until fish is just done (pieces will flake off.
- Serve from the skillet.
Inspired by a recipe in the November 2004 Sunset Magazine, p.100
Up a Level Return to Home Page