Oyster Sauce Beef with Asparagus and Cashews
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Cooking time: About 15 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 6 oz. beef sirloin, cut into 3/4" cubes
- 4 T. cold water
- 1 t. corn starch
- 1 T. oyster sauce
- 1 t. soy sauce
- 1 t. low-sodium bouillon
- 8 oz. asparagus, cut into 2" lengths
- Spread cashew on baking sheet and bake 12 minutes in a 300 deg.F oven.
- Meanwhile, heat a wok (or heavy skillet) and add beef cubes.
- Stir fry beef (without oil) 5 minutes, turning to brown all sides. Set aside.
- Clean wok and add 1/2 cup water. Heat to boiling.
- Meanwhile, put corn starch and cold water in a 8 oz. jar. Close the lid and shake vigorously.
- Add oyster sauce, soy sauce, and low-salt bouillon. Shake and set aside.
- Add thickest pieces of asparagus, cover and steam 3 minutes. Add remaining pieces, cover and steam 3 minutes.
- Add sauce and beef to the asparagus and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add baked cashews, stir and serve over steamed rice.
Up a Level Return to Home Page